Friday 30 May 2014

Meet the COACH!

So for those of you who know me, you know I am a planner and love my to do lists. So to run the marathon I started one:

1- Book: Run like a girl to learn how to run a marathon
2- Trainers (old but should be ok for now)
3- Sports trousers .... the old fashion black pants (need some upgrading here)
4- Top, my touch rugby long sleeve training shirt with my old nick name and number - General/16

but something was missing.....
oh yes, a coach!

5- Coach - but who? Google and books can only give me so much! Then I saw it! Here are some clues:

- He loves to say that his weight and body haven't changed since he is 18 (and this is true!!!!)
- His idea of fun is to do a triathlon while I dream with some beach holidays
- He was right in front of me

Hubby!

So naturally, feeling quite proud of myself and to impress him I say:
- "Hey honey I read on this running book that I need a coach and I have chosen you. What do you think?"
- "ok", so I  keep going
- "So in my book they say I should ..." and then I see my coach for the first time!
-  "Isabel, to run a marathon you need to run! Stop reading and get out!"

Now a little bit less proud I go to bed and wake up 6.50am and go for my first training.

1h later, lets say I am alive and looking forward to day 2!

So, any coaching tips for the coach or runner?

2 comments:

  1. Hubby for a coach, are you INSANE?????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diogo Vasconcelos2 June 2014 at 11:19

    The question is...Who is more insane?!?
    Hubby for taking this almost impossible task or the wife for taking the risk of being under my rullership for the next 10 months?!?

    ReplyDelete